..there’s a lot to learn about Internet Marketing and creating successful websites (I’m sure I’ve only scratched the surface)…but what I can offer is this advice.
A website will ‘work’ if five very important things occur –
- You use appropriate keywords and phrases (the most likely ones people would search for to find you).
- You get as many appropriate websites (related to your industry or location) to link to yours as possible.
- You make sure that Google can index your website properly (don’t use flash based sites, iframes or excessive images, because search engines can’t read them).
- The website is updated with fresh quality content and technological advances.
- You promote your website and ‘drive traffic’ towards it.
Functionality, quick loading, ease of navigation, relevant and useful content and testimonials also add to the appeal of each site.
A website is almost useless and a waste of money if these things are not present.
If you already have a business, a product a service or just some good quality information to share with the world, the Internet could well be the place to expand your horizons.
Start with a well-structured website and quality content…if you can’t write your own marketing script, get a professional to do it for you…make it compelling and your site visitors will be keen to come back for more!
MOST IMPORTANT, make sure it contains the words that potential customers searching for what you have to offer, would type in a search box.
I wish you all the very best with your Internet Adventure,