WordPress Websites by default show the words Blog Archive in the address bar on each post. It’s always a good idea for search engine optimisation to remove these words and allow the title of your post to be displayed instead. The fix is a simple one.
1. To remove the words “Blog Archive”, do this:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard and click APPEARANCE >> EDITOR
- On the right hand-side, select “header.php” from the list of theme files.
- LOOK FOR THIS PIECE OF CODE just a few lines from the top =
- REMOVE THIS SECTION =
- The remaining portion should look like this =
- Click SAVE CHANGES to update the file.
How To Make Permalinks More Search Engine Friendly
By default, a wordpress website names each post by number. There are several options you can choose to change it to be indexed by name, number, date or month. I recommend you change it simply to the postname so it is found more easily by people searching for what you have to offer.
2. To make your Permalinks more user and search engine friendly, do this:
- Go to dashboard >> SETTINGS >> PERMALINKS
- Set your custom permalinks to /%postname%/
- Click SAVE CHANGES and you’re done.